As an experienced wedding photographer I’ve been fortunate to photograph many weddings across Bristol, Bath and beyond. Wick Farm near Bath has been the setting for weddings of a number of past couples; Danny & Chess, Suzy & Jon, Adel & Richard and Sophie & Alex to name a few. All lovely weddings, all very different yet all were at Wick Farm.
I was chuffed to bits when the owner of Wick Farm, Sophie contacted me asking me to be their preferred photography supplier. With a decade of photography experience it meant a lot 🙂 I’m going to be at Wick Farm on Sunday 8th September 2019 for their next open day so do come along and say hi, you can also chat to other wedding suppliers and get your day sorted in one go.
I asked some of my past Wick Farm wedding couples why they chose Wick Farm and they told me:
‘Wick Farm was the first and only venue we looked at, we fell in love with it straight away even though it was a dark autumnal day when we visited. We loved the arches leading to the main barn and the beautiful flowers and greener surrounding it. Inside we loved the brickwork and the upper mezzanine and could see that it was perfect for our rustic, herb garden themed plans. The people at Wick Farm were so friendly and accommodating and were always there to answer questions and gave us lots of ideas. As big foodies, it was important that the venue had amazing food so the fact that Wick Farm only works with Strawberry Fields catering was perfect as the food was incredible‘ D & C
‘We loved the feel of rustic elegance that we felt at Wick Farm. It had a great location with lovely outdoors space but room inside if the weather was poor. The main barn with its big windows was light and airy and looked fabulous filled with flowers and candles. Most of all, Sophie the owner was great and very experienced so it meant it was easy to trust her and Wick Farm with our day. We couldn’t recommend Wick Farm highly enough!’ S & J
I think that feedback speaks for itself in all honesty but if you want to know any more about this wedding venue let me tell you more about Wick Farm. In fact, here are my top five reasons why I love photographing weddings at Wick Farm:
- The venue grounds are really pretty, 37 acres of green space. Beautiful flowers and manicured lawn, a decked area which overlooks a duck pond, stone walls and a traditional old farm building. All great for a varied selection of wedding photographs and of course making it a gorgeous venue to impress your family and friends
- Nestled in tranquil surroundings on the outskirts of Bath, edged by rolling hills yet accessible from Bristol, Bath and Chippenham. Being so close to Bath it means you can get ready in peace at a Bath hotel or local Air B & B and then its only a really short drive to Wick Farm. This is also a great location if you want to plan to get together with friends or family the day before or day after your wedding.
- An on-site bar and space in the Lower Barn mean you have a space for guests to mingle after the ceremony, this leads on to decking. This space works well if you are bringing any accessories for guests to enjoy / look at (i.e. photos of you, a guest book to sign, or a table plan)
- The high beams and ceilings in the Upper Barn where the wedding ceremony takes place are really special. The beams and ceiling provide more atmosphere than a traditional hotel type venue and it also offers great light – super important for your photographs.
- The venue is family owned and Sophie and Julian Janes are really hands on and care about the needs of all their couples, its definitely not a production line venue like some I have been to.
Here’s a small handful of images of the venue. Do come along to the open day on the 8th September to have a look around, say hi to me and have a look at my work. I can answer any questions you may have about photography / weddings and life in general ! If you’ve already booked Wick Farm and would like to check my availability to photograph your wedding day please do get in touch.
All images by Bath Wedding Photographer, Becky Male.